Tuesday 7 July 2009

Riding and foraging

Went for a cracking ride on Sunday. The weather was fantastic so Charlie, Jonny and I went for a little 27 mile tour of the some of the (South) Eastern villages of York. Here's a map of the route. You might need to zoom in on the map. You might even need to find the UK first.

I didn't actually take any pictures during the ride. Should've really. Anyway, when I got home I decided to take a picture of the fruit and veg that was foraged/pilfered by us whilst riding. Not a bad haul. The broad beans came from a field. Jonny jumped in and filled his pockets with them. His justification being that crops are never harvested right up to the edge of a field. Sounds good to me. The cherries came from a tree on the York/Selby bike route. It's a public path so those cherries are fair game right? We're going back soon to get some more. Might even make some sort of cherry jam.

No comments: